Re: How can the OS autodetect that a user is a newbie and offer help?

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 08:36:06AM +0200, Sander Marechal wrote:
>> If something happens to X then a user can end up in the terminal. Even a
>> faulty application can trash X.
>>
> I don't believe that an application can trash X so badly that it won't
> start anymore.

True, but I meant that an app can kill X, requiring it to be restarted.
Newbies get very confused at that point. Hence my suggestion of a
friendly message on how to restart the desktop or how to reboot the PC
from the command line.

--
Sander Marechal
http://www.gnome-hearts.org