Re: apt-findremovable v0.1 (initial release)

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> writes:

> Am 2006-10-04 18:08:50, schrieb Alexey Feldgendler:
>
> > Why not just stop using apt-get? aptitude can do everything the
> > same as apt-get and even supports the same command line
> > parameters.
>
> And HOW do you install/remove packages if the TUI from aptitude
> crashs?  I do not know how aptitude is working and whether it use
> ncurses or slang but it segfaults all the time on two of my servers
> and kill the ssh session.

I'm guessing from what you say here that you are unaware that aptitude
will not present a full-screen interface (neither ncurses nor slang)
if you give it any explicit command:

    $ aptitude update
    $ aptitude search bubble
    $ aptitude show morse
    $ aptitude install cowsay
    $ aptitude --help

In this, it is a replacement for apt-get.

--
 \        "The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more |
  `\     expected."  -- Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd Ed., 12-Jun-1972 |