Re: apt-findremovable v0.1 (initial release)

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 01:07:02PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> I would rather appreciate that apt-get and aptitude share the information
> of which packages have been explicitely installed and which have been
> automatically installed.

I often install packages to play with them a little or just to read the
man page. 90% of the time I do _not_ want to keep those packages
regardless that I have installed them manually. And there are cases when
a package is no longer depended on but I still want to keep it.

That's why I like debfoster: it asks the question "do you want to keep
the package or not", which is orthogonal to how and why it was
installed.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences