Troubles with Debconf

Hello,

I did download proftpd source. When I try to run
debian/profptd.config come this message.
debconf: field template unknow '_description', na
stanza #2 de ./proftpd.templates.

This command must return a screen with dialog, but
it's not go.

I belive that there is a error with debconf command
see the results about a commands :

skyline:~/start-debconf-1.4/debian# debconf -f dialog
postint
Can't exec "postint": File or directory not found at
/usr/share/perl/5.8/IPC/Open3.pm line 168.
open2: exec of postint failed at
/usr/share/perl5/Debconf/ConfModule.pm line 58

It's happen all scripts controller debian, using the
debconf command.

#other error
skyline:~/start-debconf-1.4/debian#
debconf-communicate -f dialog -p low
20 Unsupported command "" (full line was "") received
from confmodule.

All top of files i put :

#!/bin/sh -e
# Source debconf library.
. /usr/share/debconf/confmodule

I put with bash library, Why it search to perl ?
Why isn't read the templates ?

Ps : i know this message has come to debian-mentors,
but there, I'm not help.

Faria

http://br.mobile.yahoo.com/mailalertas/