Re: Debian Women Wiki (was: No Config-Files state even though postrm purge failed while purging an installed package?)

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 10:54:02AM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> If you think they are useful, by all means go ahead and put them
> somewhere else.  It's free documentation, you can do with it whatever
> you like.
> I do not feel that it is my duty to put these diagrams in the main
> Debian wiki, just because I made them.

Not picking on you but...

The fact that Developer's do not consider their duty to contribute effort to
improve to the status of documentation in the Debian project is one of the
reasons why http://www.debian.org/doc/ is not as good (in breadth and scope
of available, up-to-date and maintained documentation) as Gentoo's  [1],
FreeBSD's [2], RedHat's [3] or (gasp) Ubuntu's [4] available (i.e. official)

At least we are better off than Fedora's [5] or OpenBSD's [6] (Although our
(unofficial) manpage search engine [7] is worst than OpenBSD's [8])

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/
[2] http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html
[3] http://www.redhat.com/docs/
[4] http://www.ubuntu.com/support/documentation