Re: Debian Women Wiki (was: No Config-Files state even though postrm purge failed while purging an installed package?)

On 9/29/06, Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> wrote:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 00:52:05 +0200, shaulka@012.net.il wrote:
>  http://women.debian.org/wiki/English/MaintainerScripts states,
>while discussing the purging of a fully installed package
>("Removing and Purging", Removal+Purge of foo (Installed)), that

This is important information I would never have found due to the lack
of knowledge that the Debian Women project has her own wiki.

May I ask why information this important is not on the main Debian
wiki, wiki.debian.org?

It was born in the Debian Women wiki, because I felt much more
comfortable doing this documenting process inside the Debian Women
than doing it in the main Debian project wiki.  It could be copied to
the main wiki now, but I'm not sure if it would make any differences.

Also, as to the question of why is it a wiki, it's because wikis are
easier to edit and update than established documentation.  The
documentation that can only be edited by a few is bound to get
outdated quickly.

--
Besos,
Marga