Re: Media players in Debian (was: new mplayer)

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 11:12:10AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> And I agree, the tools in Debian are quite good, and I am not sure if
> mplayer have much extra to offer these days.

I've heard these claims (“player X should be more than good enough, what do
you need mplayer for these days?”) for at least the last five years -- it's a
difficult claim to refute, since people have rather different viewing habits,
different platforms and different needs. For _my_ part, I've still not seen
any player that works remotely as reliably over a wide range over file
formats and various brokenness as mplayer does.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/