Re: Media players in Debian (was: new mplayer)

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:

I've heard these claims (ÿÿplayer X should be more than good enough, what do
you need mplayer for these days?ÿÿ) for at least the last five years -- it's a
difficult claim to refute, since people have rather different viewing habits,
different platforms and different needs. For _my_ part, I've still not seen
any player that works remotely as reliably over a wide range over file
formats and various brokenness as mplayer does.

And, BTW, do we really need Emacs if we have vi?

<duck>

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de