Intend to intend to hijack SeaView.

Dear all,

I did not find a match for "mia" or "hijack" in the tables of content
of the policy or of the developper's reference.

If Brian R Furry (bfurry@nac.net) were MIA, I would like to hijak his
"seaview" package, for which the upstream author has made improvements
that allow to move the package from contrib to main.

The maintainer did not answer to the bugs I posted half a year ago, one
of them being potentially release critical (wrong licence in
debian/copyright). He also did not upload anything at all for one year.

Seaview it an editor for multiple alignments of biological sequences,
and I have been working recently on bringing more sequence aligners to
Debian. Having an editor for the output of these programs in "main"
rather than "contrib" would help to assemble a coherent framework for
biological sequence analysis in Etch, but it necessitates to upgrade to
the latest upstream version. In my understanding, this is too much for a
NMU.

Therefore, unless I am told not to do so, and of course unless I am
wrong to thing that Brian Furry is MIA, I would like to put the package
under the responsability of the "Debian-Med packaging team" (see
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-med/
and http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-med/), and to submit an
upgrade to my sponsor before the 8th of October. (By the way, is freeze
time minus 10 days the deadline for uploads ?).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org