Re: Why not only support Sid and Testing?

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 10:08:02PM -0600, Joseph Smidt wrote:
>> 	I know I am in for an argument, but I think it is a good
>> question.  I'm sure many of you have read Mark's blog:
>> http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/56.  It says 76% of Debian
>> users run unstable and probably a fair fraction of the rest run testing.
>
> That's not what I'm seeing.
>
> 100% of my customers run stable. 100% of the servers on which I have
> root and that run Debian, run stable (there are some that've been set up
> by my business partner and that run FreeBSD) -- with the single
> exception of my home server, which happens to be my workstation, too.

I can add a bunch of cluster with a total of over 4000 nodes all
running stable. Most of them have no route to the outside world so
they can't run popcon at all and none of them have it installed.

The constant updating that testing has would make the cluster totaly
unmaintainable.

MfG
        Goswin