Re: claiming bugs, BTS delay, planning BSPs

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006, martin f krafft wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we're in the middle of the BSPMarathon[0]. Among the things new this
> year (as opposed to the sarge BSPs) are usertags for claiming bugs
> [1]. Unfortunately, the BTS is known to lag a bit these days, and it
> won't get better during a BSP, so I wonder how to best handle this.

Hi Martin,

the best would be to use a dedicated tracker... it might be the time to
try to use the result of Arnaud's summer of code: the "Distribution wide
tracker tool", codenamed "Working together made easy". :-)

http://netu.naquadah.org:8080/

It has the possibility for users to "lock" a package for a few hours and
the result will be immediately visible to others. (You need to register to
be able to lock a package and leave comment and so on)

The main problem is keeping the tracker in sync with the official list
of RC bugs since it evolves each day.

Arnaud, can you work out a script for that ?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog