Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?

Aaron M. Ucko wrote:
> Sander Marechal <s.marechal@jejik.com> writes:
>
>> I don't think Debian should do that, but perhaps the process to install
>> them after the fact could be easier for people who are not full blown
>> Linux admins?
>
> Are you aware of module-assistant?

module-assistant is cool, if you know that it exists (which you can't
assume for the average user, i think) and have the guts to actually use
it :)

But since you mention it, module-assistant is a good example for the
"hardware support" thing I mentioned before: it might not sound too
complicated for us to re-run it every time aptitude bumped our kernel
versions, but I think the average user, expects something like his to
happen automatically.

Cheers,

Bastian

--