Re: Time to rethink ifupdown

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 16:20:26 +0700, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:

Please take a look at http://wiki.debian.org/netconf .

It would be great if you could help flesh out that page with your
excellent arguments and thoughts. Also, if you are interested in
working on netconf (which currently noone is), I'd be happy to
dedicate some time to it.

I would add my thoughts there but currently I know nothing about netconf beyond what's written on that page now. What is the scope of netconf? Is it supposed to supersede ifupdown, supplement it, or be an alternative? Is anything already implemented, or is it only an idea for now? Is there a reason to start developing a new tool instead of enhancing ifupdown?

Can I forward your post to the netconf mailing list?

Yes, you're welcome. I've just subscribed to that list, BTW.

--
Alexey Feldgendler <alexey@feldgendler.ru>