Re: Re: Quickcam pro 4000, pwc problem

Hello,
I have
CONFIG_USB_PWC=y
set for the kernel, which I recompiled for another reason yesterday.  Would this
stop the module compiling?

I am not sure, but I think this should be set to "m" rather than "y" (the difference is that the former builds a module, while the later adds support for this driver builtin to the kernel.

Therefore, no more pwc.ko (because hardcoded into the kernel image) and it's not possible to use a third party driver to handle the target device...

You should reconfigure and re make-kpkg your kernel with support for pwd as a module.

Hope this helps...

John

Tanguy