Re: heimdal & KCM

    Steinar> Does this mean other programs wanting to read tickets
    Steinar> (say, rpc.gssd from nfs-common) will have to be patched
    Steinar> to read the tickets? In that case, I very much object to
    Steinar> having this by default before etch :-)

If it uses the Heimdal client libraries, it should continue working
without any problems (not tested yet).

If it uses the MIT client libraries - I don't know if they have a
similar feature or not, or if it is compatible. (finding documentation
on KCM is non-trivial - a Google search gives me everything from a
male singer through to copper mines, but nothing relating to
Kerberos).

If it uses its own Kerberos functions for reading the tickets, then
that would seem very weird.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>