Re: Code of Conduct on the Debian mailinglists

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:
>>   * E-mail generally has a "wider reach" -- it gets past corporate
>>     firewalls, (my company has never allowed external nntp connections),
>>     works even on strange systems, etc.
>
> Point. Then again, if your corporate sysadmins don't want you reading
> news, they probably don't want you reading mailinglists, either.

Most people don't really care what the corporate sysadmins _want_, they
care about what the sysadmins _enforce_.  Because there are many common
"corporate" uses of email and mailing lists, email tends to get through
by default.  Nttp traffic doesn't.

-Miles
--
Americans are broad-minded people.  They'll accept the fact that a person can
be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater, and even a newspaperman, but if a