Re: Code of Conduct on the Debian mailinglists

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 01:47:59PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 11:39:51AM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:

> >   * E-mail generally has a "wider reach" -- it gets past corporate
> >     firewalls, (my company has never allowed external nntp connections),
> >     works even on strange systems, etc.

> Point. Then again, if your corporate sysadmins don't want you reading
> news, they probably don't want you reading mailinglists, either.

It depends what they want to do: for example, one common policy is that
clients don't directly access the internet, using proxies and internal
servers for everything.  That needn't have any particular restriction on
content transferred associated with it.