Re: Code of Conduct on the Debian mailinglists

On Friday 04 August 2006 09:57, Wouter Verhelst took the opportunity to say:
> On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 08:21:28AM +0200, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> > In short, it's a mess. Lots of improvements can be made, to MUAs, MLMs,
> > as well as MTAs. An RFC straightening things out could help.
>
> ... Or we could all just forget about mailinglists and start using
> newsgroups instead. They don't have these issues.

Indeed. What's the problem with Usenet that makes old-fashioned mailing lists
as prevalent as they still are?

Or, may I interest you in LysKOM? (See package lyskom-server.) Developed here
in Linköping. That the best client is written in elisp shouldn't be a
problem, right?

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)