Re: cdrtools

You did write:

>I have a general question about how the GPL is construed to cover the case of
>dynamic linking.  According to the GPL, section 0:

I am sory to see that you did remove me from the Cc: list....
you are the first person at Debian who starts to think the right
way...

If you read the GPL again, you will find out that the GPL doeas not contein the
term "linking". It is obvious that there is no difference between static and
dynamic linking in terms of the GPL. So everything that is possible with dynamic
linking is also possible with static linking.

Linking a GPLd program against a non-GPLd library does not make the library a
derived work of the GPLd program.

You may either call this "mere aggregation" or in the worst case call the GPLd
program a derived work of the library but not vice versa.

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)