Re: Centralized darcs

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 08:09:44AM +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:

> > Nobody has to learn Darcs to hack on my packages.
>
> Well if someone has to work on a "which of the applied patch broken
> the package is such a way" kinda issue, he will have to, in order to
> have access to the patches.
> dpatch, quilt and others, in this case, make life easier (especially for
> security support).

Ack .... but on the other hand if the repository is public *and*
people do organize their checkins in a sorted manner, than using a SCM
can be fine too.

Anyway, as a side note on this thread: *darcs is just far toooo
slow* for decent maintenance of large pieces of software. I tried once
to create a mozilla repository, do some work with it and it was completely
unusable. I am not talking about minutes, but almost hours to finish
tasks that should take seconds.

 - Alexander

--
 GPG messages preferred.    |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 Alexander Sack             | : :' :      The  universal