Mail headers (was Re: Centralized darcs)

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 12:28:35AM +0200, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> On Thursday 03 August 2006 00:11, Josselin Mouette took the opportunity to
> say:
> > >
> > > Then SET YOUR HEADERS to reflect that, like everyone else does.
> >
> > Which headers?
> >
> > (If you are talking about Mail-Followup-To, this is a non-standard
> > header that many MUAs don't implement.)
>
> Yeah, and privately setting Reply-To to the list is almost as bad as when the
> list manager software does it.

The whole point of Reply-To is to allow the sender to specify where
replies should be sent.  There's no need for Mail-Followup-To.  I agree
that the list manager shouldn't set it, but there's nothing wrong with
it being privately set.

If you want your reply sent somewhere other than where the sender thinks
it should be going, then you should be cognizant enough to change where
the email is being sent and wouldn't care about Reply-To or M-F-T
anyway.

James
--
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@debian.org>