Re: centralized bzr (Re: Successful and unsuccessful Debian development tools)

On Wednesday 02 August 2006 21:44, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> writes:
> > * Otavio Salvador [Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:43:56 -0300]:

> >> We're using that for LTSP. But we're using it in our htdocs dir. How
> >> do you set this repository up?
> >
> > Ask in #alioth. Note, however, that TTBOMK still does not offer HTTP
> > access, so if you want that, better stick to htdocs for a while.
> >
> > I hope to be able to bribe buxy to provide HTTP access when he comes
> > back, though. ;-)
>
> So you only have sftp access? that make it difficult to other to
> branch from our development branch. I'll wait until we have HTTP as a
> offer to move to it.

That's in fact an issue that made me feel sceptical about bzr, darcs and
mercury. All of them require a shell account or some scripting through a
special mail address to commit changes. And it's not only the recent
kernel vulnerability that makes me a happy repository user over WebDAV
(hoping it's less vulnerable). And it works over a proxy, too.

 Christoph
--
~
~