Re: centralized bzr (Re: Successful and unsuccessful Debian development tools)

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 19:44 +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> [2006.08.01.1936 +0100]:
> > Forgot to add that it can be even _identical_ to subversion, in the
> > sense that you don't have to commit locally, and then push. Just make a
> > "checkout" (refer to the bzr docs), and every commit you make will go to
> > the main repo first, and if that succeeds, will be commited locally as
> > well.
>
> This is what upstream calls "bound branches", btw.

Well, we call them 'checkouts' :). bound branches is somewhat of an
internal description.

We implemented checkouts to be a precise workflow match for what you get
from SVN/CVS - a branch shared between developers with the system
ensuring you have merged everything. If you have a situation where a
shared branch is what you want, and you like bzr in other respects... I
would recommend trying checkouts.

Rob