Re: Successful and unsuccessful Debian development tools

martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net> [2006.08.01.0005 +0100]:
> > Subversion, in conjunction with alioth, has risen dramatically in
> > Debian to accomodate team-based maintainance. There are of course
> > plenty of challengers, but subversion seems to beat them all.
>
> I'd be interested in your thoughts as to why subversion beats them
> all, in your perception.

I assumed he meant it in the sense that more teams seem to be
using subversion on alioth than any other RCS. Ie, compare
the list at http://svn.debian.org/ with http://arch.debian.org/

Of course there is probably less incentive to use alioth if using a
distributed RCS, but my sense is that more projects in debian are using
svn version control than any other RCS nontheless.

--
see shy jo