Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?

Le samedi 29 juillet 2006 à 00:01 +0200, Marco d'Itri a écrit :
> On Jul 28, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > The last time I tried a sarge -> etch upgrade, the udev upgrade stopped
> > until I created /etc/udev/kernel-upgrade manually.
> This is the correct procedure.

And this really is an "innovation". Woody to sarge upgrades didn't
require any manual intervention.

> If you do not consider this user interface good enough for your uses
> then feel free to implement the debconf interface described in #369479.
> You are wrong in arguing that this requirement is the result of an error
> on my part.

If you really want innovation, you should do it yourself. There is much
room for innovation in udev packaging. Instead of explaining on -devel
that your fellow developers innovate, why don't you bring innovation
yourself?