Re: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Debian is a volunteer organisation. No one here is willing to implement
> all stupid ideas we receive, and believe me, we receive a lot of them.

Some of us are not willing to do anything, even when the ideas are not
stupid.  And they are a problem for the entire project.  So drop the
unwarranted defensive stance, it is never needed when answering a troll
anyway.

> crap. This may sound harsh if this is said of one of your ideas, and
> this is why nobody even cares to answers to most of such emails.

Most of us do answer the emails, with a polite "no, because of this and
that".

> that has been in Debian for *more than 2 years*, it is just expected
> that you'll receive answers full of hate.

No, it is NOT.  And in fact, it is unbecoming of a Debian developer to reply
to an user in a "tone full of hate".  Don't reply at all, in that case.  It
is bad enough we do so among ourselves, but given the social ineptitude
around here that is unavoidable.  But users are, and *always have been* well
beyond the tolerance wall.  DO NOT reply if you are going to use a "tone
full of hate" with an user.

> No. The reason is that they have a good marketing department that has
> been good at using the "hype" they have created.

*You* are trolling, too.  Stop it.

> I remain committed to producing the best operating system. And the best
> operating system is not necessarily the one with the most flashy
> sparkles or the coolest name.

That I agree with.

  Henrique Holschuh