Re: lilypond and python

Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> writes:

>   - From http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/07/msg00684.html:
>
>     > But I don't alas, have the time to spend on a workaround patch myself,
>     > which will (supposedly) become obselete very quickly.
>
>     The sad conclusion that, with this sentence being probably true (why
>     doubt your knowledge about your own time constraints), that preparing
>     such upload, given your skills _and_ hardware constraints, would
>     take you more time that writing all the amounts of text you've send
>     to this list during the last months about this very same issue, and
>     reading all replies herein.

This is incorrect; I write and read very quickly.

>       And this is something that, sadly, happens in Debian from time to
>       time, and other people just deal with it, BUT NOT THE BSG DUDE.

I don't think the gratuitous rudeness is called for.

In any case, the "just deal with it" is exactly what I was doing,
until a few people decided that my method of dealing with it was
wildly remiss.  So I thought, out of respect for them, I would ask
debian-devel.  What I got was a lot of blaming me for not guessing.

>       And fortunately as of now, we have a big number of packages in the
>       archive that build-depend only on python2.4, but not on python2.3,
>       despite it not being the default version, a big number of packages
>       BUT. NOT. FUCKING. LILY. BSG. POND.

As I have said (repeatedly); I will upload immediately if there is a
working patch posted to the bug against the latest upstream lilypond.
So if it's really *trivial*, then *wonderful*.

Another option would be someone with a testing system that has all the
build-dependencies installed which is capable of compiling lilypond in
under an hour.

Thomas