Re: how to deal with packages depending on mysql-server

Martin Wuertele wrote:

>> What is the preferred solution for this kind of problem?
> Wordpress already suggests virtual-mysql-server which is imo sufficient.
> There might be arguments to raise this to recommends however I don't see
> the need for 2 packages. It might make sense to mention the mysql server
> requirement in README.Debian.

But how can a user mark the sql-server as
installed-to-satisfy-dependency? I mean when I remove wordpress (or some
similar package) mysql-server won't be removed until I do it manually.
Wasn't the Debian package system designed to avoid such problems?

Best regards,

Bastian Venthur