Re: how to deal with packages depending on mysql-server

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 10:21:03AM +0200, Michal ??iha?? wrote:

> > My proposal to satisfy both use-cases was, to provide two versions of
> > wordpress:
> > (1) wordpress -- depends on mysql-server
> > (2) wordpress-remotesql -- does not

  How about:

    Depends: mysql-remote-server | mysql-server

  Then create a dummy "mysql-remote-server" package which (possibly
  conflicts with mysql-server) could be used to satisfy dependencies
  only?

  (Placing the mysql remote server deliberately first.)

> I think suggests is enough for this case. Having two packages just
> because of different dependencies is overcomplicated.

  Suggests works for me,but I do think there is a bit of simplification
 in the idea of a virtual package..

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration