Re: (Not so fresh) News about locales

> Anyway, my other question is not answered:  Which packages does handle
> /etc/environment?  There must be one that creates it upon installations.

The installer..:-)...or the local admin.

More precisely localechooser's post-base-installer creates
*both* /etc/environment AND /etc/default/locale with LANG set to the
default locale and LANGUAGE set to a a list of alternatives if such a
thing exists in the localechooser reference file (actually for very
few languages, namely both Chinese flavours and Norwegian languages).

So /etc/environment doesn't technically belong to any package.