Re: lilypond and python

Hi Matthias,

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, Matthias Klose wrote:
> well, there's curently only one person spreading lies and fud about
> python packaging, so please don't talk about "lies" as well.

Please stop ranting against Josselin, in particular if you have nothing
precise/factual to criticize. You're not making it easy to colloborate
with you.

I expect more from you.

> I'm still testing uprades and fixing upgrade issues. experimental has a
> python-defaults pointing to 2.4, so you can prepare your package and
> upload it to experimental. "pending" doesn't imply "will be fixed in x
> days".

You sent an announce to debian-devel-announce announcing the upload of the
new python2.4 by default more than a month ago.

You're not living up to your own promise.

I tried to help you in numerous ways:
- I've done the new dh_python and handled the initial bugs
  in a timely fashion
- I coordinated the discussion between you and Josselin while you refused
  to discuss together
- I tried to help you setup a real Python team and you promised me to
  start using "pkg-python" SVN repository and you never did that.

Now, please accept the blame of Thomas, you're late and it's your fault.
You are the python maintainer and nobody is forcing you to keep that
responsibility and I explicitely asked you to share it with other people
having more time than you have but you haven't done anything to help that
process...

Would you please, accept the facts, open your eyes and start making
efforts to setup a real python maintenance team?

I'll gladly assist you in that process.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog