Re: greylisting on debian.org?

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> So, up to now, we've found Thomas Bushnell who seems really hardly
> voting against greylisting on Debian hosts, with arguments about it
> breaking established standards. I personnally find these arguments
> very nitpicking and mostly aimed at finding a justification for an
> opinion that will definitely not change.

I'm not a nitpicker for its own sake; I'm a nitpicker for the
principle "be liberal in what you accept and conservative in what you
send."  That calls for being nitpicky on one side and not the other.

Still, if you think it's just nitpicking, then why not ask the IETF to
amend the standard to clearly permit this practice?

And finally, if we don't care about standards conformance, I have said
that a good second-best is to document exactly what our requirements
are, rather than burying them in apparent secrecy.

This is not about stonewalling.  So how about the last of these: clear
and accurate documentation?

Thomas