Re: Challenge: Binary free uploading

* Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> [060716 08:48]:
> The idea would be, I guess, to be able to setup pbuilder on a server
> somewhere, have it watch for a build instruction -- and then automatically
> check out the source, run a build with pbuilder, make the build log
> available, and if the build was successful, make the .changes file, the
> source and the binary packages available, so that they can be checked by
> hand, and uploaded to the archive.
>
> For bonus points, have the server be able to automatically do the upload
> by the maintainer downloading the changes, signing it, and sending the
> signed changes file somewhere.

I think this should have some check reading the download-logs and
refuse the upload (and perhaps also delete all built files and
blacklisting the requestor for a month), if the generated .deb files
were not downloaded or the signed changes sent in within some absurd
short time making it inplausible the build was actually checked.
Something like a quarter of an hour, I'd suggest.

On a second thought, perhaps better half an hour and also checking the
.diff.gz was downloaded...

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link