Re: ITP: openwatcom -- C/C++ compiler and IDE that produce efficient, portable code

> > What does it mean for a compiler to produce portable code?
> >
> Good question. I do not have personal experience with this, but I am
> told you can write your code once and then recompile it for a wide
> variety of platforms

On the website it says it's a cross compiler, that is to say you can produce
code for different target platforms on one host platform.

Maybe you should change the description to something like "C/C++ cross
compilers and IDE". Saying that a compiler produces portable code is wrong
imho (Even the Java compiler does not really produce portable code - the Java
binary code only runs on the Java VM. The Java VM itself is portable though.).

Cheers,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian "tokkee" Harl