Re: ITP: openwatcom -- C/C++ compiler and IDE that produce efficient, portable code

Le 03-07-2006, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> a écrit :
> su, 2006-07-02 kello 18:17 -0400, Jason Spiro kirjoitti:
>>   Description     : C/C++ compiler and IDE that produce efficient, portable code
>
> What does it mean for a compiler to produce portable code?

Good question. I do not have personal experience with this, but I am
told you can write your code once and then recompile it for a wide
variety of platforms, including DOS and various embedded boards, with
few or no modifications. The runtime provides nice features that old
platforms like DOS don't provide.

Hmmm, I wonder if the runtime is portable to Mac OS X on Intel CPUs...

Cheers,
Jason
jasonspiro4+news@gmail.com

--