Re: Debian mactel linux support?

Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> wrote:

> Your bug is meant to be already fixed (#355252), but I see there are
> some deviations between Debian and Ubuntu (which you seem to
> maintain), I'm suspecting there might be problems with Debian code
> which is only updated about 3 months ago.

Ok, that's a possibility - there were a few patches, and we may have
ended up applying slightly different ones.

> I thought EFI should work with FAT (I was surprised to see blessing
> can be applied to HFS+ also), which is the first partition on the
> internal disk.

There's two different mechanisms of booting a file under the Mac EFI -
you can either put the filename in nvram, or you can bless a file. I
believe that the blessing can only be done on HFS+ filesystems.

> I'm hoping that I can switch default boot through some kind of nvram
> setting.

You can, but you can't get into the firmware interface without having
blessed a file first. Which needs MacOS right now.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org