Re: Debian mactel linux support?

Hi,

> > 	fix gnu-efi (bug: #376000)
>
> I'm sure this is a dupe of a bug I filed, but I can't find it right now.

Your bug is meant to be already fixed (#355252), but I see there are
some deviations between Debian and Ubuntu (which you seem to
maintain), I'm suspecting there might be problems with Debian code
which is only updated about 3 months ago.

> > I don't quite grok how I can make erfit be the default bootloader
> > without access to MacOSX command-line to 'bless', I hope I can find
> > out as I delve deeper.
>
> You can't. Intel Mac blessing is different to traditional HFS stuff -
> it's not too difficult to do the blessing, but we have no way of
> generating HFS+ filesystems without resorting to APSLed code and that
> seems to be the only useful bootable format.

I thought EFI should work with FAT (I was surprised to see blessing
can be applied to HFS+ also), which is the first partition on the
internal disk.

I'm hoping that I can switch default boot through some kind of nvram
setting.

regards,
	junichi
--