Why is procps procps.sh in init.d?

Hello,
  I've been looking at bug #343620 where /etc/init.d/procps.sh should
not exit out. I can see why this could cause problems.

However, while I can see that bug #52228 asks for procps to be sourced,
I can see no good reason for doing so.

Isn't the whole point of the /etc/init.d/<whatever>.sh files to setup
environment variables for subsequent init scripts.

The procps init script sets kernel variables, when you remove all the
stuff what it basically does is
/sbin/sysctl -p

Which sets the kernel variables found at /etc/sysctl.conf

Is there any good reason keeping it like that, it appears to be it
would be best to make it /etc/init.d/procps

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/   MIEE         Debian developer