Re: xserver-i810 killed by xrandr

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 23:50 +0200, Daniel Michalik wrote:

> Is there any possibility to compile and install the packet exactely
> the same way like the original debian packet is but including debug
> symbols and run the xserver manually in a debugger?

mkdir foo ; cd foo
apt-get install fakeroot
apt-get build-dep xserver-xorg-video-i810
apt-get source xserver-xorg-video-i810
cd xserver-xorg-video-i810*
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nostrip dpkg-buildpackage -b -rfakeroot -us -uc
dpkg -i ../*.deb

> Is there a better way to find the relevant part? How should I begin my
> work?

Another option is to do a binary-search using the upstream CVS (or git
these days? git-bisect will be handy if so) and find out which change to
the upstream source caused the crashes to start appearing. This is a bit
of a brute-force approach though.

--
bye,
pabs