Re: NMU procedure and /usr/bin/nmudiff defaults

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 01:11:15AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> [2006.06.05.0036 +0200]:
> > I don't think there is much harm in opening a new NMU bug.
>
> Isn't an NMU by definition bound to an existing bug? Or at least
> should be? So then I'd say that nmudiff should *never* open a new
> bug.

The term NMU cover any upload of package by someone who is not an
uploader. The maintainers can allow any kind of NMUs, but they might still
want the patch in the BTS.

Of course, non-maintainer approved NMUs are restricted by the NMU policy
in effect which will generally link NMUs to bugs.

I personnaly made several maintainer-approved NMU that fixed bugs that
were not in the BTS (because there was too many issues to report them
all separatly), mainly for menu clean-up.

So, if the NMU is linked to a bug, use it, else create a fresh bug.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.