Re: NMU procedure and /usr/bin/nmudiff defaults

* Junichi Uekawa [Mon, 05 Jun 2006 07:36:43 +0900]:

> I don't think there is much harm in opening a new NMU bug.

No, there isn't. Plus has been the right way for years, AIUI, and
dev-ref explicitly mentions it.

> How about taking a command-line option so that it will add to the
> bugreport when a number is given, and open up a new report if none is
> given?

There is no need to specify the bug number, since it can be extracted
from the changelog. The question is whether the option shall be --new,
so the default is to send the diff to the fixed bug(s) (my patch), or it
should be --no-open instead, thus defaulting to opening a new bug.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there
is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy with the proof.
                -- J.K. Galbraith