Re: Red team attacks vs. cracking

This one time, at band camp, Paul Johnson said:
> On Tuesday 30 May 2006 13:02, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > See, if you visit a bazaar, I bet a helpful guy with a Russian
> > accent can sell you a perfectly valid passport for less than $50.
> > Several years ago, a friend of mine actually asked someone at the
> > Stadion 10-lecia in Warsaw, and was led to a guy with a number of
> > blank Polish IDs for ~$25 each...
> >
> > That's about what checking government-issued IDs is worth.
>
> Perhaps in that part of the world, yes.

What are you talking about, "that part of the world"?  Teenagers where
you're from don't have fake IDs?  I know I did when I was a teenager in
Philadelphia.  They may not have been printed on authentic passport
blanks, but they were close enough to fool people who looked at them for
a living.

I'm not really sure why the idea that ID's are forgeable is so
surprising, though.