Re: gnome 1 packages up for adoption

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 12:00:43PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> I have been maintaining the following gnome-1 support packages:

>   bonobo gal0.x gnome-libs gnome-print gtkhtml gwrapguile imlib
>   libcapplet libglade oaf

gwrapguile and gtkhtml have no reverse-dependencies in Debian except for
gnucash.   python-gnome has a build-dependency on libgtkhtml-dev which
should be trivially removable since none of its binary packages use it.

I would suggest filing for removal of these two packages directly, rather
than orphaning them at all.

Likewise, guppi is a QA-maintained package with no reverse-deps aside from
gnucash, and several other chains of packages also look like we should
consider removing them once the above-mentioned packages are gone.