Re: [Debconf-discuss] Re: Please revoke your signatures from Martin Kraff's keys

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 05:20:59PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 05:45:42PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> >> On Thursday 25 May 2006 15:26, Mike Hommey wrote:
> [snip]
> > [0] As long as he doesn't go and vote too, since the people in the voting table
> > would notice that he has voted twice and probably would have to reject the
> > whole voting box of that table (as they would be unable to find and remove
> > the previous voters' vote).
>
> Well that's an interesting way to cook an election...

Yes, I guess that political parties (at least in Spain) are quite aware what
the turnout of booths are, since voting for a given party is really
cross-related to where you actually live [1]. It would be quite easy for a
rogue party to force rejections of the booths that *competing* parties would
win more with.

But this is actually quite OT, isn't it?

Regards

Javier

[1] And your "assigned" booth for voting is based on which street you live
in. You cannot select to vote in any booth. That's so that the people
managing voters can have a limited census lists (voters in that booth) and it
is easier to prevent duplicate voting, I guess.