Re: Please revoke your signatures from Martin Kraff's keys

Paul Johnson dijo [Fri, May 26, 2006 at 08:06:40AM -0700]:
> On Thursday 25 May 2006 08:30, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > Given time, one can pay more attention to each document (I require at least
> > two photo ID's issued by the government).
>
> WTF?  In Oregon, if you have a driver's license, you cannot get an ID card.
> If you have an ID card, you have to surrender it to get a driver's license.
> You're only legally allowed one ID.

...And in Mexico, I have usually at least four IDs in my wallet, but
only one of them (no, not the drivers license, but the electoral card)
is recognized as official.

Each country (or state, or municipality, or $whatever) has different
rules.

Now, I have no reason to trust any of them - That's why I suggested
(and I think I will do so from now on) to stop conducting KSPs
alltogether, and start to trust only direct person-to-person
meetings.

As for the point that triggered this thread: I have full confidence
that the person that in my head maps to "Martin Madduck Krafft" is the
same whose face I saw, despite the fact his ID is valid or not. The
web of trust should be more about who you _know_personally_ and less
about who has shown a real-or-fake-ID to you.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23