free flash stuff WAS: Re: Sun Java available from non-free

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 18:58 -0500, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Java is one of the most important packages for which we don't have an
> effective non-free replacement at present. The only one that I can think
> of that would be more important would be flash.

There is a gnash package destined for experimental in NEW, which will
greatly increase debian's flash viewing capabilities (swfdec/gplflash1
don't have huge amounts of support). Other things in NEW are: ming,
flasm and haxe. mtasc (ActionScript -> swf compiler) is already in, and
several more development tools are coming, see here:

http://osflash.org/debian_packaging

Anyone interested in free flash stuff should join the debian-flash list
(once it is created) and or send support to the list creation request:

http://bugs.debian.org/365479

There is also a pkg-flash project on alioth, waiting on the list to be
created (or rejected) before we move forward with putting stuff in svn.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise