Re: Sun Java available from non-free

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 09:50:10AM -0500, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 11:09:30PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > First off, I'm going to completely ignore the FAQ as the FAQ and the
> > license both specifies that the FAQ does not have any legal validity.
>
> Repeating frequently asked questions that have already been answered
> isn't terribly useful.

Using legally irrelevant answers for legal validation isn't terribly
useful either, don't you think?

> > As a final note, did anyone from Debian who usually examines licences
> > actually examine this one?
>
> Yes.

I take it you were too busy to elaborate on this when you wrote this
email. So you will probably give us the name of this person later on,
right? Or even better this person may stand up now and speak
for himself and share his reasoning.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes