Re: use of "invoke-rc.d $PACKAGE stop || exit $?" in prerm scripts

* Michael Prokop:

> Using:
>
>   invoke-rc.d $PACKAGE stop || true
>   /etc/init.d/$PACKAGE stop || true
>
> would be a replacement already used in some packages like for
> example at, binfmt-support, dnsmasq, drbd0.7-utils, freeradius, hal,
> scanlogd, sl-modem-daemon, snort.

I suppose it would be preferable to fix the "stop" target of the init
script top cope with the situation that the daemon has already been
terminated.  The current situation (stopping a daemon manually before
deinstallation makes it fail) is hardly acceptable.