Re: Sun Java available from non-free

On Sun, 21 May 2006, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le dimanche 21 mai 2006 à 22:38 +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst a écrit :
> > Given this legal background of yours, could you please help by using that
> > to improve the licence, instead of just complaining about how others
> > handled it? Please give the right example.
>
> I'm afraid I have more interesting things to do than helping non-free
> software developers to get their non-free crap in the non-free archive.

Good, but you shouldn't decide what others have to do. Some people are
interested in java in non-free, it's not your job to try to forbid them to
work on that.

> If Sun doesn't fix the license (and I don't think it is our work to fix

The license is good enough for Debian (ftpmasters took their decisions).
There's no fix to require, but it would be good to continue working them
to enhance even more the license. Such a constructive behaviour would put
us in a good position to make sure that Sun releases java in a DFSG-free
compliant license when they will open-source it.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog