Re: Making init scripts use dash

[Loïc Minier]
>  Right now, if a script is named ".sh", it is sourced, perhaps it's
>  enough to change /etc/init.d/rc to use dash, depend on dash there
>  (sysv-rc), and progressively convert init scripts to use a symlink
>  ending in .sh when they are POSIX?

Actually, if we want to run the scripts in parallel, we want as few of
them to be sourced.  Because of this, I suspect it is better to reduce
the number of scripts named .sh, not increase it.

But of course, we need to do real measurements to figure out if
sourcing is faster than running them in parallel to know which of
these approaches actually improve the boot time. :)

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen